Join NYSERDA’s Commercial Tenant Program and the Building Energy Exchange for a business development training workshop to help consultants, MEP engineers, and architects better understand how to integrate energy efficiency into their work with commercial tenants. With 40-60% of a typical building’s energy consumption controlled by tenants, commercial tenant spaces represent a valuable opportunity for the integration of energy efficient design that can lead to greater comfort, productivity, as well as energy and cost savings. NYSERDA’s Commercial Tenant Program covers up to 100% of the cost of an energy analysis and can add value to the existing services offered to your clientele.
Participants in this training will:
- Learn how to get buy-in from internal and external clients for energy efficiency projects and learn how to effectively sell an energy efficient project to a commercial tenant.
- Learn how to present a high impact financial analysis to get your project approved by the client.
- Learn how to use the energy code to inspire renovation projects.
- Learn to use financial and environmental metrics to motivate commercial customers.
- Learn how to successfully communicate the value proposition of energy efficiency in order to get clients to care.
- Learn how to use available incentives to help scale your commercial tenant business.